Overall unemployment rate moved down to 5.9% with the biggest shift in Government, which gained 600 roles, based on the most recently available information published in December 2022.
Total employment in the Beaumont-Port Arthur, TX market rose by 1,288 jobs in October and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 40 bps to 5.9%. The national unemployment rate increased by 8 bps over the same time to 3.4%.
- Beaumont-Port Arthur, TX unemployment rate is 250 bps above the national rate which is a negative sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 210 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in October versus prior month by 1.9% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 1.2% . Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 30,700; no change
- Government: 25,200; +600
- Education & Healthcare: 22,100; +200
- Manufacturing: 19,800; +100
- Construction, Mining: 18,700; +500
- Restaurants & Hotels: 16,100; +200
- Business Services: 14,900; +200
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through October 2022 (Data published December 2022 and reports created on December 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.