Overall unemployment rate stayed flat at 7.3% with the biggest shift in Government, which lost 1,000 roles, based on the most recently available information published in August 2022.
Total employment in the Beaumont-Port Arthur, TX market declined by 534 jobs in July and the unemployment rate stayed flat. The national unemployment rate decreased by 5 bps over the same time to 3.8%.
- Beaumont-Port Arthur, TX unemployment rate is 352 bps above the national rate which is a negative sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 280 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in July versus prior month by 3.6% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs declined by -0.6%. Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 30,700; +100
- Government: 23,700; -1,000
- Education & Healthcare: 21,800; +100
- Manufacturing: 20,100; +200
- Construction, Mining: 17,400; +100
- Restaurants & Hotels: 16,300; -200
- Business Services: 14,600; -100
- Financial Services: 5,800; no change
- Other Jobs: 5,500; -100
- IT & Development: 900; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through July 2022 (Data published August 2022 and reports created on September 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.