Overall unemployment rate moved down to 7.1% with the biggest shift in Construction, Mining, which gained 300 roles, based on the most recently available information published in September 2022.
Total employment in the Beaumont-Port Arthur, TX market rose by 218 jobs in August and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 30 bps to 7.1%. The national unemployment rate stayed flat over the same time period at 3.8%.
- Beaumont-Port Arthur, TX unemployment rate is 331 bps above the national rate which is a negative sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 240 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in August versus prior month by 3.4% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 0.4% . Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 30,700; no change
- Government: 23,800; no change
- Education & Healthcare: 22,000; +200
- Manufacturing: 20,100; no change
- Construction, Mining: 17,700; +300
- Restaurants & Hotels: 16,300; no change
- Business Services: 14,700; +100
- Financial Services: 5,800; no change
- Other Jobs: 5,600; +100
- IT & Development: 900; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through August 2022 (Data published September 2022 and reports created on September 28, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.