Overall unemployment rate moved up to 4.6% with the biggest shift in Education & Healthcare, which gained 700 roles, based on the most recently available information published in December 2022.
Total employment in the Youngstown-Warren-Boardman, OH-PA market declined by 305 jobs in October and the unemployment rate increased compared to the prior month by 10 bps to 4.6%. The national unemployment rate increased by 8 bps over the same time to 3.4%.
- Youngstown-Warren-Boardman, OH-PA unemployment rate is 120 bps above the national rate which is a negative sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 40 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in October versus prior month by 7% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 0.5% . Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 44,900; +300
- Education & Healthcare: 38,800; +700
- Government: 28,200; +400
- Restaurants & Hotels: 25,300; -600
- Manufacturing: 24,900; +200
- Business Services: 16,600; no change
- Construction, Mining: 10,000; -100
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through October 2022 (Data published December 2022 and reports created on December 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.