Overall unemployment rate stayed flat at 5.3% with the biggest shift in Education & Healthcare, which gained 900 roles, based on the most recently available information published in August 2022.
Total employment in the Youngstown-Warren-Boardman, OH-PA market rose by 1,710 jobs in July and the unemployment rate stayed flat. The national unemployment rate decreased by 5 bps over the same time to 3.8%.
- Youngstown-Warren-Boardman, OH-PA unemployment rate is 152 bps above the national rate which is a negative sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 150 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in July versus prior month by 1.4% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 0.4% . Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 45,100; -200
- Education & Healthcare: 38,900; +900
- Restaurants & Hotels: 27,200; +100
- Government: 26,500; -200
- Manufacturing: 24,800; +200
- Business Services: 17,100; no change
- Construction, Mining: 10,300; +100
- Other Jobs: 9,500; -100
- Financial Services: 6,600; no change
- IT & Development: 1,500; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through July 2022 (Data published August 2022 and reports created on September 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.