Overall unemployment rate stayed flat at 4.1% with the biggest shift in Government, which lost 700 roles, based on the most recently available information published in August 2022.
Total employment in the York-Hanover, PA market rose by 771 jobs in July and the unemployment rate stayed flat. The national unemployment rate decreased by 5 bps over the same time to 3.8%.
- York-Hanover, PA unemployment rate is 32 bps above the national rate which is a negative sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 220 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in July versus prior month by 11.6% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs declined by -0.4%. Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 41,100; -300
- Manufacturing: 31,900; -100
- Education & Healthcare: 27,300; -200
- Business Services: 22,600; no change
- Restaurants & Hotels: 18,100; +500
- Government: 16,700; -700
- Construction, Mining: 12,700; no change
- Other Jobs: 9,900; +100
- Financial Services: 5,500; no change
- IT & Development: 1,000; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through July 2022 (Data published August 2022 and reports created on September 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.