Overall unemployment rate stayed flat at 3.9% with the biggest shift in Government, which gained 300 roles, based on the most recently available information published in June 2022.
Total employment in the Walla Walla, WA market rose by 137 jobs in May and the unemployment rate stayed flat. The national unemployment rate increased by 4 bps over the same time to 3.4%.
- Walla Walla, WA unemployment rate is 52 bps above the national rate which is a negative sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 30 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in May versus prior month by 5.3% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 1.0% . Key sectors include:
- Education & Healthcare: 6,900; no change
- Government: 6,800; +300
- Manufacturing: 4,600; no change
- Transportation & Utilities: 4,600; no change
- Restaurants & Hotels: 2,700; no change
- Construction, Mining: 1,500; no change
- Business Services: 1,200; no change
- Financial Services: 1,100; no change
- Other Jobs: 600; no change
- IT & Development: 300; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through May 2022 (Data published June 2022 and reports created on June 29, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.