Overall unemployment rate moved down to 3.8% with the biggest shift in Government, which gained 700 roles, based on the most recently available information published in November 2022.
Total employment in the Vallejo-Fairfield, CA market rose by 178 jobs in September and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 40 bps to 3.8%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 47 bps over the same time to 3.3%.
- Vallejo-Fairfield, CA unemployment rate is 48 bps above the national rate which is a negative sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 250 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in September versus prior month by 2.4% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs declined by -0.3%. Key sectors include:
- Education & Healthcare: 27,600; -300
- Transportation & Utilities: 26,900; -400
- Government: 23,400; +700
- Restaurants & Hotels: 15,300; -300
- Construction, Mining: 12,900; +100
- Business Services: 10,800; no change
- Manufacturing: 10,300; -100
- Financial Services: 4,600; -100
- Other Jobs: 4,500; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through September 2022 (Data published November 2022 and reports created on November 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.