Overall unemployment rate moved up to 4.0% with the biggest shift in Restaurants & Hotels, which gained 500 roles, based on the most recently available information published in August 2022.
Total employment in the Vallejo-Fairfield, CA market declined by 730 jobs in June and the unemployment rate increased compared to the prior month by 50 bps to 4.0%. The national unemployment rate increased by 46 bps over the same time to 3.8%.
- Vallejo-Fairfield, CA unemployment rate is 16 bps above the national rate which is a negative sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 430 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in June versus prior month by 0.2% and are equal compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 1.0% . Key sectors include:
- Education & Healthcare: 27,600; no change
- Transportation & Utilities: 27,000; +100
- Government: 24,200; +200
- Restaurants & Hotels: 15,100; +500
- Construction, Mining: 12,600; +100
- Business Services: 10,500; +300
- Manufacturing: 10,400; +100
- Financial Services: 4,700; no change
- Other Jobs: 4,500; no change
- IT & Development: 800; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through June 2022 (Data published August 2022 and reports created on August 3, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.