Overall unemployment rate moved down to 3.9% with the biggest shift in Government, which lost 1,800 roles, based on the most recently available information published in August 2022.
Total employment in the Vallejo-Fairfield, CA market rose by 1,821 jobs in July and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 10 bps to 3.9%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 5 bps over the same time to 3.8%.
- Vallejo-Fairfield, CA unemployment rate is 12 bps above the national rate which is a negative sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 390 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in July versus prior month by 3.8% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs declined by -0.3%. Key sectors include:
- Education & Healthcare: 27,800; +200
- Transportation & Utilities: 27,100; +100
- Government: 22,400; -1,800
- Restaurants & Hotels: 15,800; +600
- Construction, Mining: 12,900; +300
- Business Services: 10,700; +100
- Manufacturing: 10,500; +100
- Financial Services: 4,700; no change
- Other Jobs: 4,500; no change
- IT & Development: 900; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through July 2022 (Data published August 2022 and reports created on September 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.