Overall unemployment rate moved down to 5.3% with the biggest shift in Education & Healthcare, which gained 500 roles, based on the most recently available information published in April 2022.
Total employment in the Vallejo-Fairfield, CA market rose by 3,379 jobs in February and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 70 bps to 5.3%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 28 bps over the same time to 4.1%.
- Vallejo-Fairfield, CA unemployment rate is 116 bps above the national rate which is a negative sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 280 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) declined in February versus prior month by -0.8% and are down compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 1.4% . Key sectors include:
- Education & Healthcare: 27,600; +500
- Transportation & Utilities: 27,100; +300
- Government: 23,800; +100
- Restaurants & Hotels: 14,000; +300
- Construction, Mining: 12,200; +500
- Manufacturing: 10,300; +100
- Business Services: 10,200; no change
- Financial Services: 4,700; no change
- Other Jobs: 4,400; +100
- IT & Development: 800; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through February 2022 (Data published April 2022 and reports created on April 6, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.