Overall unemployment rate moved up to 4.2% with the biggest shift in Government, which gained 300 roles, based on the most recently available information published in September 2022.
Total employment in the Vallejo-Fairfield, CA market rose by 108 jobs in August and the unemployment rate increased compared to the prior month by 30 bps to 4.2%. The national unemployment rate stayed flat over the same time period at 3.8%.
- Vallejo-Fairfield, CA unemployment rate is 41 bps above the national rate which is a negative sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 320 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in August versus prior month by 2.1% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs stayed flat. Key sectors include:
- Education & Healthcare: 27,800; no change
- Transportation & Utilities: 27,200; +100
- Government: 22,700; +300
- Restaurants & Hotels: 15,400; -200
- Construction, Mining: 12,700; -200
- Business Services: 10,800; +100
- Manufacturing: 10,300; -100
- Financial Services: 4,700; no change
- Other Jobs: 4,500; no change
- IT & Development: 900; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through August 2022 (Data published September 2022 and reports created on September 28, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.