Overall unemployment rate moved down to 4.0% with the biggest shift in Restaurants & Hotels, which gained 500 roles, based on the most recently available information published in June 2022.
Total employment in the Vallejo-Fairfield, CA market declined by 1,823 jobs in April and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 60 bps to 4.0%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 42 bps over the same time to 3.3%.
- Vallejo-Fairfield, CA unemployment rate is 66 bps above the national rate which is a negative sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 430 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) declined in April versus prior month by -2.4% and are down compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 0.4% . Key sectors include:
- Education & Healthcare: 27,500; -100
- Transportation & Utilities: 26,900; -200
- Government: 24,000; +100
- Restaurants & Hotels: 14,500; +500
- Construction, Mining: 12,300; +100
- Business Services: 10,300; no change
- Manufacturing: 10,300; no change
- Financial Services: 4,700; no change
- Other Jobs: 4,500; +100
- IT & Development: 800; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through April 2022 (Data published June 2022 and reports created on June 1, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.