Overall unemployment rate moved down to 4.3% with the biggest shift in Government, which gained 400 roles, based on the most recently available information published in November 2022.
Total employment in the Texarkana, TX-AR market declined by 32 jobs in September and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 20 bps to 4.3%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 47 bps over the same time to 3.3%.
- Texarkana, TX-AR unemployment rate is 98 bps above the national rate which is a negative sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 40 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in September versus prior month by 0.4% and are down compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 0.2% . Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 13,100; -100
- Government: 12,100; +400
- Education & Healthcare: 9,500; -100
- Restaurants & Hotels: 7,800; no change
- Manufacturing: 5,800; -100
- Business Services: 4,700; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through September 2022 (Data published November 2022 and reports created on November 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.