Overall unemployment rate moved up to 4.1% with the biggest shift in Manufacturing, which gained 100 roles, based on the most recently available information published in June 2022.
Total employment in the Texarkana, TX-AR market declined by 175 jobs in May and the unemployment rate increased compared to the prior month by 10 bps to 4.1%. The national unemployment rate increased by 4 bps over the same time to 3.4%.
- Texarkana, TX-AR unemployment rate is 72 bps above the national rate which is a negative sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 140 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) declined in May versus prior month by -5.0% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 0.3% . Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 13,100; no change
- Government: 12,300; -100
- Education & Healthcare: 9,300; no change
- Restaurants & Hotels: 7,600; +100
- Manufacturing: 5,900; +100
- Business Services: 4,700; +100
- Construction, Mining: 2,900; no change
- Financial Services: 2,300; no change
- Other Jobs: 2,000; no change
- IT & Development: 300; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through May 2022 (Data published June 2022 and reports created on June 29, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.