Overall unemployment rate moved down to 4.9% with the biggest shift in Education & Healthcare, which gained 1,000 roles, based on the most recently available information published in November 2022.
Total employment in the Stockton-Lodi, CA market rose by 1,619 jobs in September and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 30 bps to 4.9%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 47 bps over the same time to 3.3%.
- Stockton-Lodi, CA unemployment rate is 158 bps above the national rate which is a negative sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 240 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in September versus prior month by 4.7% and are down compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 0.4% . Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 80,700; +300
- Government: 42,600; +600
- Education & Healthcare: 40,300; +1,000
- Business Services: 23,900; -600
- Restaurants & Hotels: 22,900; no change
- Manufacturing: 22,300; -100
- Construction, Mining: 15,100; -100
- Financial Services: 7,800; -100
- Other Jobs: 7,500; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through September 2022 (Data published November 2022 and reports created on November 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.