Overall unemployment rate moved up to 5.0% with the biggest shift in Transportation & Utilities, which gained 2,300 roles, based on the most recently available information published in December 2022.
Total employment in the Stockton-Lodi, CA market declined by 2,450 jobs in October and the unemployment rate increased compared to the prior month by 10 bps to 5.0%. The national unemployment rate increased by 8 bps over the same time to 3.4%.
- Stockton-Lodi, CA unemployment rate is 160 bps above the national rate which is a negative sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 210 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in October versus prior month by 0.4% and are down compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 1.3% . Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 83,200; +2,300
- Government: 42,600; +100
- Education & Healthcare: 40,800; +400
- Business Services: 24,400; +200
- Restaurants & Hotels: 23,000; +400
- Manufacturing: 22,100; -200
- Construction, Mining: 15,200; +100
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through October 2022 (Data published December 2022 and reports created on December 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.