Overall unemployment rate stayed flat at 5.0% with the biggest shift in Government, which lost 3,500 roles, based on the most recently available information published in August 2022.
Total employment in the Stockton-Lodi, CA market declined by 529 jobs in July and the unemployment rate stayed flat. The national unemployment rate decreased by 5 bps over the same time to 3.8%.
- Stockton-Lodi, CA unemployment rate is 122 bps above the national rate which is a negative sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 420 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in July versus prior month by 6% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs declined by -1.0%. Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 79,600; -200
- Government: 39,800; -3,500
- Education & Healthcare: 38,500; -100
- Restaurants & Hotels: 23,800; +300
- Business Services: 23,700; +100
- Manufacturing: 22,300; +500
- Construction, Mining: 15,200; +300
- Financial Services: 7,900; no change
- Other Jobs: 7,500; no change
- IT & Development: 1,200; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through July 2022 (Data published August 2022 and reports created on September 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.