Overall unemployment rate moved up to 5.2% with the biggest shift in Government, which gained 3,500 roles, based on the most recently available information published in September 2022.
Total employment in the Stockton-Lodi, CA market rose by 4,004 jobs in August and the unemployment rate increased compared to the prior month by 20 bps to 5.2%. The national unemployment rate stayed flat over the same time period at 3.8%.
- Stockton-Lodi, CA unemployment rate is 141 bps above the national rate which is a negative sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 320 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in August versus prior month by 6.4% and are down compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 1.6% . Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 80,200; +500
- Government: 44,300; +3,500
- Education & Healthcare: 39,500; +800
- Business Services: 24,100; +400
- Restaurants & Hotels: 22,800; -500
- Manufacturing: 22,500; +100
- Construction, Mining: 14,600; -600
- Financial Services: 7,900; no change
- Other Jobs: 7,500; no change
- IT & Development: 1,200; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through August 2022 (Data published September 2022 and reports created on September 28, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.