Overall unemployment rate moved up to 2.4% , based on the most recently available information published in June 2022.
Total employment in the St. Joseph, MO-KS market declined by 636 jobs in May and the unemployment rate increased compared to the prior month by 40 bps to 2.4%. The national unemployment rate increased by 4 bps over the same time to 3.4%.
- St. Joseph, MO-KS unemployment rate is 98 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 120 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in May versus prior month by 1.4% and are down compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs stayed flat. Key sectors include:
- Government: 10,600; no change
- Transportation & Utilities: 10,500; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through May 2022 (Data published June 2022 and reports created on June 29, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.