Overall unemployment rate moved up to 2.8% with the biggest shift in Government, which lost 600 roles, based on the most recently available information published in August 2022.
Total employment in the Sioux City, IA-NE-SD market rose by 92 jobs in July and the unemployment rate increased compared to the prior month by 10 bps to 2.8%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 5 bps over the same time to 3.8%.
- Sioux City, IA-NE-SD unemployment rate is 98 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 120 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in July versus prior month by 11.1% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs declined by -1.0%. Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 18,400; -100
- Manufacturing: 17,500; +100
- Government: 9,500; -600
- Business Services: 8,600; no change
- Restaurants & Hotels: 8,300; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through July 2022 (Data published August 2022 and reports created on September 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.