Overall unemployment rate moved up to 4.5% with the biggest shift in Government, which gained 200 roles, based on the most recently available information published in November 2022.
Total employment in the Sierra Vista-Douglas, AZ market rose by 567 jobs in September and the unemployment rate increased compared to the prior month by 10 bps to 4.5%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 47 bps over the same time to 3.3%.
- Sierra Vista-Douglas, AZ unemployment rate is 118 bps above the national rate which is a negative sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 20 bps above the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a negative.
- Average wages (per hour) declined in September versus prior month by -1.7% and are down compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 0.8% . Key sectors include:
- Government: 10,500; +200
- Transportation & Utilities: 6,200; no change
- Business Services: 4,500; no change
- Education & Healthcare: 4,400; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through September 2022 (Data published November 2022 and reports created on November 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.