Overall unemployment rate moved up to 4.4% with the biggest shift in Government, which lost 200 roles, based on the most recently available information published in August 2022.
Total employment in the Sierra Vista-Douglas, AZ market declined by 486 jobs in July and the unemployment rate increased compared to the prior month by 10 bps to 4.4%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 5 bps over the same time to 3.8%.
- Sierra Vista-Douglas, AZ unemployment rate is 62 bps above the national rate which is a negative sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 80 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) declined in July versus prior month by -5.7% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs declined by -0.9%. Key sectors include:
- Government: 9,900; -200
- Transportation & Utilities: 6,200; -100
- Business Services: 4,500; no change
- Education & Healthcare: 4,400; no change
- Restaurants & Hotels: 3,700; no change
- Construction, Mining: 2,100; no change
- Financial Services: 900; no change
- Manufacturing: 800; no change
- Other Jobs: 800; no change
- IT & Development: 500; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through July 2022 (Data published August 2022 and reports created on September 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.