Overall unemployment rate moved up to 3.4% with the biggest shift in Education & Healthcare, which gained 100 roles, based on the most recently available information published in June 2022.
Total employment in the Sierra Vista-Douglas, AZ market declined by 1,089 jobs in April and the unemployment rate increased compared to the prior month by 40 bps to 3.4%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 42 bps over the same time to 3.3%.
- Sierra Vista-Douglas, AZ unemployment rate is 6 bps above the national rate which is a negative sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 200 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) declined in April versus prior month by -8.5% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 0.3% . Key sectors include:
- Government: 10,500; +100
- Transportation & Utilities: 6,400; no change
- Business Services: 4,500; no change
- Education & Healthcare: 4,400; +100
- Restaurants & Hotels: 3,600; no change
- Construction, Mining: 2,000; no change
- Financial Services: 900; no change
- Manufacturing: 700; no change
- Other Jobs: 700; no change
- IT & Development: 400; -100
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through April 2022 (Data published June 2022 and reports created on June 1, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.