Overall unemployment rate moved down to 3.6% with the biggest shift in Government, which gained 800 roles, based on the most recently available information published in November 2022.
Total employment in the Shreveport-Bossier City, LA market rose by 793 jobs in September and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 20 bps to 3.6%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 47 bps over the same time to 3.3%.
- Shreveport-Bossier City, LA unemployment rate is 28 bps above the national rate which is a negative sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 100 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in September versus prior month by 11.3% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 0.2% . Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 36,100; -200
- Education & Healthcare: 33,500; +100
- Government: 28,800; +800
- Restaurants & Hotels: 21,000; -100
- Business Services: 17,400; -100
- Construction, Mining: 12,800; no change
- Manufacturing: 10,000; -100
- Financial Services: 7,400; no change
- Other Jobs: 6,600; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through September 2022 (Data published November 2022 and reports created on November 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.