Overall unemployment rate moved down to 3.1% with the biggest shift in Education & Healthcare, which gained 500 roles, based on the most recently available information published in December 2022.
Total employment in the Shreveport-Bossier City, LA market rose by 629 jobs in October and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 50 bps to 3.1%. The national unemployment rate increased by 8 bps over the same time to 3.4%.
- Shreveport-Bossier City, LA unemployment rate is 30 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 110 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in October versus prior month by 9.8% and are down compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 0.8% . Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 36,600; +400
- Education & Healthcare: 34,100; +500
- Government: 29,000; +200
- Restaurants & Hotels: 21,000; no change
- Business Services: 17,400; +100
- Construction, Mining: 12,800; no change
- Manufacturing: 10,100; +100
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through October 2022 (Data published December 2022 and reports created on December 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.