Overall unemployment rate stayed flat at 4.6% with the biggest shift in Education & Healthcare, which gained 700 roles, based on the most recently available information published in August 2022.
Total employment in the Shreveport-Bossier City, LA market rose by 623 jobs in July and the unemployment rate stayed flat. The national unemployment rate decreased by 5 bps over the same time to 3.8%.
- Shreveport-Bossier City, LA unemployment rate is 82 bps above the national rate which is a negative sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 150 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in July versus prior month by 9.7% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 0.3% . Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 36,700; +100
- Education & Healthcare: 33,200; +700
- Government: 28,400; -600
- Restaurants & Hotels: 21,500; +100
- Business Services: 17,900; +200
- Construction, Mining: 13,000; -100
- Manufacturing: 10,100; +100
- Financial Services: 7,400; no change
- Other Jobs: 6,700; +100
- IT & Development: 1,800; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through July 2022 (Data published August 2022 and reports created on September 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.