Overall unemployment rate moved up to 3.3% with the biggest shift in Government, which gained 200 roles, based on the most recently available information published in June 2022.
Total employment in the Sherman-Denison, TX market declined by 37 jobs in May and the unemployment rate increased compared to the prior month by 30 bps to 3.3%. The national unemployment rate increased by 4 bps over the same time to 3.4%.
- Sherman-Denison, TX unemployment rate is 8 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 120 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in May versus prior month by 28% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 0.6% . Key sectors include:
- Education & Healthcare: 11,200; no change
- Transportation & Utilities: 9,500; -100
- Government: 7,900; +200
- Restaurants & Hotels: 6,000; +100
- Manufacturing: 5,600; +100
- Business Services: 3,700; no change
- Construction, Mining: 3,300; no change
- Financial Services: 2,000; no change
- Other Jobs: 1,000; no change
- IT & Development: 400; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through May 2022 (Data published June 2022 and reports created on June 29, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.