Overall unemployment rate moved up to 3.8% with the biggest shift in Education & Healthcare, which gained 100 roles, based on the most recently available information published in August 2022.
Total employment in the Sherman-Denison, TX market declined by 12 jobs in June and the unemployment rate increased compared to the prior month by 50 bps to 3.8%. The national unemployment rate increased by 46 bps over the same time to 3.8%.
- Sherman-Denison, TX unemployment rate is 4 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 130 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in June versus prior month by 16.3% and are down compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 0.4% . Key sectors include:
- Education & Healthcare: 11,300; +100
- Transportation & Utilities: 9,500; no change
- Government: 7,800; no change
- Restaurants & Hotels: 6,000; no change
- Manufacturing: 5,600; no change
- Business Services: 3,800; +100
- Construction, Mining: 3,300; no change
- Financial Services: 2,000; no change
- Other Jobs: 1,000; no change
- IT & Development: 400; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through June 2022 (Data published August 2022 and reports created on August 3, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.