Overall unemployment rate moved down to 3.7% with the biggest shift in Government, which lost 200 roles, based on the most recently available information published in August 2022.
Total employment in the Sherman-Denison, TX market rose by 231 jobs in July and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 10 bps to 3.7%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 5 bps over the same time to 3.8%.
- Sherman-Denison, TX unemployment rate is 8 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 90 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in July versus prior month by 17.3% and are down compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 0.2% . Key sectors include:
- Education & Healthcare: 11,400; no change
- Transportation & Utilities: 9,600; +100
- Government: 7,500; -200
- Restaurants & Hotels: 6,100; +100
- Manufacturing: 5,700; +100
- Business Services: 3,800; no change
- Construction, Mining: 3,300; no change
- Financial Services: 2,000; no change
- Other Jobs: 1,000; no change
- IT & Development: 400; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through July 2022 (Data published August 2022 and reports created on September 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.