Overall unemployment rate moved down to 3.1% with the biggest shift in Construction, Mining, which gained 100 roles, based on the most recently available information published in November 2022.
Total employment in the Sebastian-Vero Beach, FL market rose by 555 jobs in September and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 30 bps to 3.1%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 47 bps over the same time to 3.3%.
- Sebastian-Vero Beach, FL unemployment rate is 22 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 120 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in September versus prior month by 10% and are down compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs stayed flat. Key sectors include:
- Education & Healthcare: 11,200; no change
- Transportation & Utilities: 10,900; -100
- Restaurants & Hotels: 8,000; -100
- Business Services: 6,700; no change
- Government: 5,300; +100
- Construction, Mining: 4,700; +100
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through September 2022 (Data published November 2022 and reports created on November 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.