Overall unemployment rate moved up to 3.6% with the biggest shift in Government, which lost 400 roles, based on the most recently available information published in August 2022.
Total employment in the Sebastian-Vero Beach, FL market declined by 234 jobs in June and the unemployment rate increased compared to the prior month by 70 bps to 3.6%. The national unemployment rate increased by 46 bps over the same time to 3.8%.
- Sebastian-Vero Beach, FL unemployment rate is 24 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 190 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in June versus prior month by 8.6% and are down compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs declined by -1.1%. Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 11,000; no change
- Education & Healthcare: 10,800; -200
- Restaurants & Hotels: 8,000; -100
- Business Services: 6,700; no change
- Government: 4,800; -400
- Construction, Mining: 4,600; no change
- Other Jobs: 3,100; +100
- Financial Services: 3,000; no change
- Manufacturing: 2,200; no change
- IT & Development: 400; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through June 2022 (Data published August 2022 and reports created on August 3, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.