Overall unemployment rate moved down to 3.5% with the biggest shift in Education & Healthcare, which gained 100 roles, based on the most recently available information published in August 2022.
Total employment in the Sebastian-Vero Beach, FL market rose by 316 jobs in July and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 10 bps to 3.5%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 5 bps over the same time to 3.8%.
- Sebastian-Vero Beach, FL unemployment rate is 28 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 170 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in July versus prior month by 10.5% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 0.2% . Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 11,000; no change
- Education & Healthcare: 11,000; +100
- Restaurants & Hotels: 8,000; no change
- Business Services: 6,700; no change
- Construction, Mining: 4,800; +100
- Government: 4,700; -100
- Other Jobs: 3,100; no change
- Financial Services: 3,000; no change
- Manufacturing: 2,200; no change
- IT & Development: 400; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through July 2022 (Data published August 2022 and reports created on September 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.