Overall unemployment rate moved down to 2.7% with the biggest shift in Transportation & Utilities, which lost 100 roles, based on the most recently available information published in June 2022.
Total employment in the Sebastian-Vero Beach, FL market rose by 62 jobs in April and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 30 bps to 2.7%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 42 bps over the same time to 3.3%.
- Sebastian-Vero Beach, FL unemployment rate is 64 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 230 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in April versus prior month by 8.7% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs declined by -0.4%. Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 11,200; -100
- Education & Healthcare: 10,900; no change
- Restaurants & Hotels: 8,200; no change
- Business Services: 6,700; no change
- Government: 5,100; -100
- Construction, Mining: 4,600; no change
- Financial Services: 3,000; no change
- Other Jobs: 3,000; no change
- Manufacturing: 2,200; no change
- IT & Development: 400; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through April 2022 (Data published June 2022 and reports created on June 1, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.