Overall unemployment rate moved up to 2.7% with the biggest shift in Restaurants & Hotels, which gained 1,200 roles, based on the most recently available information published in August 2022.
Total employment in the Santa Rosa, CA market declined by 1,437 jobs in June and the unemployment rate increased compared to the prior month by 40 bps to 2.7%. The national unemployment rate increased by 46 bps over the same time to 3.8%.
- Santa Rosa, CA unemployment rate is 114 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 340 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in June versus prior month by 10.5% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 0.3% . Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 35,500; -100
- Education & Healthcare: 34,800; +400
- Government: 26,200; -800
- Restaurants & Hotels: 25,900; +1,200
- Business Services: 24,100; -100
- Manufacturing: 23,300; +200
- Construction, Mining: 16,600; -100
- Financial Services: 7,900; -100
- Other Jobs: 7,000; no change
- IT & Development: 2,300; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through June 2022 (Data published August 2022 and reports created on August 3, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.