Overall unemployment rate stayed flat at 3.9% with the biggest shift in Government, which gained 300 roles, based on the most recently available information published in November 2022.
Total employment in the Santa Fe, NM market declined by 9 jobs in September and the unemployment rate stayed flat. The national unemployment rate decreased by 47 bps over the same time to 3.3%.
- Santa Fe, NM unemployment rate is 58 bps above the national rate which is a negative sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 160 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) declined in September versus prior month by -6.2% and are down compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs declined by -0.2%. Key sectors include:
- Government: 14,300; +300
- Education & Healthcare: 10,900; +200
- Restaurants & Hotels: 10,600; -300
- Transportation & Utilities: 9,900; -200
- Business Services: 5,500; -100
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through September 2022 (Data published November 2022 and reports created on November 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.