Overall unemployment rate moved down to 0.0% with the biggest shift in Government, which gained 800 roles, based on the most recently available information published in November 2022.
Total employment in the San Juan-Carolina-Caguas, PR market declined by 747,861 jobs in September and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 520 bps to 0.0%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 47 bps over the same time to 3.3%.
- San Juan-Carolina-Caguas, PR unemployment rate is 332 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 720 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in September versus prior month by 2% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 0.4% . Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 134,600; no change
- Government: 130,000; +800
- Business Services: 115,800; no change
- Education & Healthcare: 81,200; +500
- Restaurants & Hotels: 64,200; +300
- Manufacturing: 51,700; +600
- Financial Services: 39,500; +100
- Construction, Mining: 24,300; +300
- Other Jobs: 14,300; no change
- IT & Development: 13,500; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through September 2022 (Data published November 2022 and reports created on November 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.