Overall unemployment rate stayed flat at 3.5% with the biggest shift in Restaurants & Hotels, which gained 3,400 roles, based on the most recently available information published in December 2022.
Total employment in the San Antonio-New Braunfels, TX market rose by 10,959 jobs in October and the unemployment rate stayed flat. The national unemployment rate increased by 8 bps over the same time to 3.4%.
- San Antonio-New Braunfels, TX unemployment rate is 10 bps above the national rate which is a negative sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 90 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in October versus prior month by 7.7% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 1.2% . Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 195,000; +500
- Education & Healthcare: 179,900; +3,200
- Government: 178,500; +2,700
- Business Services: 156,000; +2,400
- Restaurants & Hotels: 142,800; +3,400
- Financial Services: 101,100; +1,600
- Construction, Mining: 62,500; +200
- Manufacturing: 53,600; -800
- Other Jobs: 43,700; -100
- IT & Development: 18,100; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through October 2022 (Data published December 2022 and reports created on December 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.