Overall unemployment rate stayed flat at 4.0% with the biggest shift in Government, which lost 4,700 roles, based on the most recently available information published in August 2022.
Total employment in the San Antonio-New Braunfels, TX market declined by 519 jobs in July and the unemployment rate stayed flat. The national unemployment rate decreased by 5 bps over the same time to 3.8%.
- San Antonio-New Braunfels, TX unemployment rate is 22 bps above the national rate which is a negative sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 130 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in July versus prior month by 8.3% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs declined by -0.2%. Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 194,300; +400
- Education & Healthcare: 173,700; +200
- Government: 169,600; -4,700
- Business Services: 153,600; -1,000
- Restaurants & Hotels: 143,700; +2,300
- Financial Services: 98,700; -400
- Construction, Mining: 64,100; +1,100
- Manufacturing: 54,200; +200
- Other Jobs: 43,400; no change
- IT & Development: 18,100; +100
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through July 2022 (Data published August 2022 and reports created on September 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.