Overall unemployment rate moved down to 4.2% with the biggest shift in Restaurants & Hotels, which gained 4,900 roles, based on the most recently available information published in April 2022.
Total employment in the San Antonio-New Braunfels, TX market rose by 15,419 jobs in February and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 10 bps to 4.2%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 28 bps over the same time to 4.1%.
- San Antonio-New Braunfels, TX unemployment rate is 6 bps above the national rate which is a negative sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 260 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in February versus prior month by 7.3% and are down compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 1.3% . Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 193,500; +400
- Government: 174,500; +1,000
- Education & Healthcare: 170,000; +3,900
- Business Services: 156,000; +1,500
- Restaurants & Hotels: 134,900; +4,900
- Financial Services: 95,800; +600
- Construction, Mining: 63,400; +1,200
- Manufacturing: 51,500; -800
- Other Jobs: 39,900; +900
- IT & Development: 17,400; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through February 2022 (Data published April 2022 and reports created on April 6, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.