Overall unemployment rate moved down to 3.3% with the biggest shift in Government, which lost 100 roles, based on the most recently available information published in April 2022.
Total employment in the San Angelo, TX market rose by 472 jobs in March and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 80 bps to 3.3%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 39 bps over the same time to 3.8%.
- San Angelo, TX unemployment rate is 45 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 210 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in March versus prior month by 10.5% and are down compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs declined by -0.2%. Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 9,300; no change
- Government: 9,300; -100
- Education & Healthcare: 7,800; no change
- Restaurants & Hotels: 6,400; no change
- Business Services: 4,500; no change
- Manufacturing: 3,400; no change
- Construction, Mining: 3,400; no change
- Financial Services: 2,600; no change
- Other Jobs: 2,300; no change
- IT & Development: 600; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through March 2022 (Data published April 2022 and reports created on April 27, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.