Overall unemployment rate moved up to 3.4% with the biggest shift in Education & Healthcare, which lost 1,300 roles, based on the most recently available information published in August 2022.
Total employment in the Sacramento--Roseville--Arden-Arcade, CA market declined by 9,888 jobs in June and the unemployment rate increased compared to the prior month by 50 bps to 3.4%. The national unemployment rate increased by 46 bps over the same time to 3.8%.
- Sacramento--Roseville--Arden-Arcade, CA unemployment rate is 44 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 380 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in June versus prior month by 5.5% and are down compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 0.2% . Key sectors include:
- Government: 247,000; -300
- Education & Healthcare: 175,100; -1,300
- Transportation & Utilities: 169,000; +700
- Business Services: 140,500; +900
- Restaurants & Hotels: 105,000; +900
- Construction, Mining: 78,700; +400
- Financial Services: 51,800; -100
- Manufacturing: 38,700; +500
- Other Jobs: 35,800; +500
- IT & Development: 10,300; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through June 2022 (Data published August 2022 and reports created on August 3, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.