Overall unemployment rate moved down to 3.3% with the biggest shift in Government, which lost 9,300 roles, based on the most recently available information published in August 2022.
Total employment in the Sacramento--Roseville--Arden-Arcade, CA market rose by 11,332 jobs in July and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 10 bps to 3.3%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 5 bps over the same time to 3.8%.
- Sacramento--Roseville--Arden-Arcade, CA unemployment rate is 48 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 350 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in July versus prior month by 8.3% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs declined by -0.2%. Key sectors include:
- Government: 237,700; -9,300
- Education & Healthcare: 175,400; +600
- Transportation & Utilities: 169,900; +500
- Business Services: 140,900; +300
- Restaurants & Hotels: 108,600; +3,500
- Construction, Mining: 80,600; +1,700
- Financial Services: 51,900; no change
- Manufacturing: 38,900; +300
- Other Jobs: 36,300; +500
- IT & Development: 10,500; +100
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through July 2022 (Data published August 2022 and reports created on September 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.