Overall unemployment rate moved up to 3.5% with the biggest shift in Government, which gained 2,600 roles, based on the most recently available information published in September 2022.
Total employment in the Sacramento--Roseville--Arden-Arcade, CA market declined by 261 jobs in August and the unemployment rate increased compared to the prior month by 20 bps to 3.5%. The national unemployment rate stayed flat over the same time period at 3.8%.
- Sacramento--Roseville--Arden-Arcade, CA unemployment rate is 29 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 280 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in August versus prior month by 5.1% and are down compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs stayed flat. Key sectors include:
- Government: 240,200; +2,600
- Education & Healthcare: 174,600; -1,000
- Transportation & Utilities: 169,300; -700
- Business Services: 141,200; -400
- Restaurants & Hotels: 107,800; -200
- Construction, Mining: 79,700; -700
- Financial Services: 52,200; +400
- Manufacturing: 39,500; +400
- Other Jobs: 35,900; no change
- IT & Development: 10,400; -100
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through August 2022 (Data published September 2022 and reports created on September 28, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.