Overall unemployment rate moved down to 3.9% with the biggest shift in Government, which gained 4,800 roles, based on the most recently available information published in November 2022.
Total employment in the Riverside-San Bernardino-Ontario, CA market rose by 10,028 jobs in September and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 40 bps to 3.9%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 47 bps over the same time to 3.3%.
- Riverside-San Bernardino-Ontario, CA unemployment rate is 58 bps above the national rate which is a negative sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 250 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in September versus prior month by 0.5% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 0.2% . Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 471,600; +1,200
- Education & Healthcare: 266,900; +1,200
- Government: 252,600; +4,800
- Restaurants & Hotels: 182,400; -1,300
- Business Services: 178,200; -1,100
- Construction, Mining: 113,100; -2,200
- Manufacturing: 99,000; -300
- Financial Services: 46,100; -300
- Other Jobs: 45,300; +1,600
- IT & Development: 9,900; -100
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through September 2022 (Data published November 2022 and reports created on November 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.