Overall unemployment rate stayed flat at 3.9% with the biggest shift in Transportation & Utilities, which gained 12,200 roles, based on the most recently available information published in December 2022.
Total employment in the Riverside-San Bernardino-Ontario, CA market rose by 6,010 jobs in October and the unemployment rate stayed flat. The national unemployment rate increased by 8 bps over the same time to 3.4%.
- Riverside-San Bernardino-Ontario, CA unemployment rate is 50 bps above the national rate which is a negative sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 220 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in October versus prior month by 2.4% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 1.7% . Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 483,500; +12,200
- Education & Healthcare: 269,100; +1,700
- Government: 257,500; +4,800
- Restaurants & Hotels: 182,200; -300
- Business Services: 180,800; +3,000
- Construction, Mining: 116,900; +3,500
- Manufacturing: 99,900; +900
- Financial Services: 47,100; +1,400
- Other Jobs: 45,600; +300
- IT & Development: 10,000; +100
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through October 2022 (Data published December 2022 and reports created on December 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.