Overall unemployment rate moved up to 4.0% with the biggest shift in Transportation & Utilities, which gained 3,000 roles, based on the most recently available information published in August 2022.
Total employment in the Riverside-San Bernardino-Ontario, CA market declined by 17,928 jobs in June and the unemployment rate increased compared to the prior month by 60 bps to 4.0%. The national unemployment rate increased by 46 bps over the same time to 3.8%.
- Riverside-San Bernardino-Ontario, CA unemployment rate is 16 bps above the national rate which is a negative sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 440 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in June versus prior month by 0.1% and are down compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 0.3% . Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 466,000; +3,000
- Education & Healthcare: 262,400; +1,900
- Government: 257,400; -200
- Restaurants & Hotels: 179,400; -1,600
- Business Services: 175,000; +3,000
- Construction, Mining: 112,400; +100
- Manufacturing: 99,400; +200
- Financial Services: 46,600; no change
- Other Jobs: 44,400; -1,200
- IT & Development: 10,000; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through June 2022 (Data published August 2022 and reports created on August 3, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.