Overall unemployment rate moved down to 3.9% with the biggest shift in Government, which lost 13,500 roles, based on the most recently available information published in August 2022.
Total employment in the Riverside-San Bernardino-Ontario, CA market rose by 18,806 jobs in July and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 10 bps to 3.9%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 5 bps over the same time to 3.8%.
- Riverside-San Bernardino-Ontario, CA unemployment rate is 12 bps above the national rate which is a negative sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 410 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in July versus prior month by 2% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs declined by -0.2%. Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 469,500; +2,300
- Education & Healthcare: 263,500; +1,200
- Government: 243,900; -13,500
- Restaurants & Hotels: 181,700; +2,000
- Business Services: 176,000; +1,100
- Construction, Mining: 115,500; +2,100
- Manufacturing: 99,400; no change
- Financial Services: 47,400; +700
- Other Jobs: 44,600; +100
- IT & Development: 10,000; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through July 2022 (Data published August 2022 and reports created on September 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.