Overall unemployment rate moved down to 5.0% with the biggest shift in Restaurants & Hotels, which gained 6,900 roles, based on the most recently available information published in April 2022.
Total employment in the Riverside-San Bernardino-Ontario, CA market rose by 31,633 jobs in February and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 70 bps to 5.0%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 28 bps over the same time to 4.1%.
- Riverside-San Bernardino-Ontario, CA unemployment rate is 86 bps above the national rate which is a negative sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 310 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in February versus prior month by 1.7% and are down compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 1.1% . Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 467,200; -1,600
- Education & Healthcare: 258,200; +3,000
- Government: 252,600; -200
- Restaurants & Hotels: 174,300; +6,900
- Business Services: 170,100; +2,700
- Construction, Mining: 109,600; +4,700
- Manufacturing: 96,400; +1,400
- Financial Services: 45,800; +700
- Other Jobs: 44,000; +300
- IT & Development: 9,800; +100
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through February 2022 (Data published April 2022 and reports created on April 6, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.