Overall unemployment rate moved down to 3.4% with the biggest shift in Manufacturing, which lost 100 roles, based on the most recently available information published in December 2022.
Total employment in the Racine, WI market declined by 607 jobs in October and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 40 bps to 3.4%. The national unemployment rate increased by 8 bps over the same time to 3.4%.
- Racine, WI unemployment rate is 0 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is equal to the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time.
- Average wages (per hour) declined in October versus prior month by -1.6% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs stayed flat. Key sectors include:
- Manufacturing: 16,700; -100
- Transportation & Utilities: 15,000; +100
- Education & Healthcare: 11,100; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through October 2022 (Data published December 2022 and reports created on December 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.